With the Russian invasion of Ukraine dominating our news recently, I wanted to share some resources that may help you in and outside the classroom. Please feel free to share them with parents as you deem appropriate.
It is understandable that our children may be curious, ask questions, or feel nervous/anxious/frightened by what they are hearing and seeing.
“How to Talk to Kids about Ukraine” (The New York Times)
“Resilience in a time of war: Tips for parents and teachers of elementary school children” (American Psychological Association)
“Resilience in a time of war: Tips for parents and teachers of middle school children” (American Psychological Association)
“How to Talk with Students About the Russia-Ukraine War: 5 Tips” (Education Week)
- Upcoming March Events
- Exciting fundraisers from our new HSA! (Pi Day, Bagel Breakfast and Pizza Kits). See attached fliers.
- Dress Down Passes – please remember Dress Down passes do not excuse children from gym. If it is a gym day and your child chooses to use their “Dress Down pass,” they still must be dressed to participate in gym.
- Water Bottles – The nice weather is slowly approaching, so please ensure your children have a refillable water bottle from home. We have a filtered fountain for students to use.
- Registration is still open for new and returning students
- B6T forms are due by March 7th.
- Photo Fundraiser
- Fish and Chips (proceeds benefit the St. Leo’s Sports Group)