LEO’S RECESS EXPECTATIONS:
- Be cooperative, kind, and inclusive to everyone.
- Report any danger or misbehavior to an adult.
- Everyone is a winner when playing with others.
Respect for All
- respect yourself, others, teachers, and staff by using manners. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Respect the privacy and personal space of others.
- Use positive words and body language.
- Share equipment & Return equipment.
- Show good sportsmanship.
- Take responsibility for your actions.
- Stop, think, and make good choices.
Do the Right Thing
- Use the Walk, Talk, or Rock-it Strategy to solve disagreements.
- Respect property.
- Seek an adult if you have a problem.
Effort Towards Learning
- Follow directions the first time they are given.
- Obey all playground and safety rules.
- Sharpen the saw?
Students must abide by the following
RULES OF IMPORTANCE:
- SAFETY IS THE NUMBER ONE CONCERN.
- Always use appropriate language – NO name-calling, put-downs, threats and/or slurs.
- Be a good sport. Everyone is welcome when playing games – NO closed games.
- No fighting or physical contact is permitted anywhere on school grounds.
- Be courteous (nice), take turns – share – don’t take more than your share of time, don’t cut, keep your hands to yourself.
- Obey whoever is on duty, even if it is not your teacher. Do not argue with the teacher or supervisor on duty.
- No food or gum should be eaten/chewed while participating in activities on the playground or in the gym.
- Students may not enter the building without permission.
- No electronic devices allowed during recess without permission. Anything brought from home: toys, games, dolls must be approved by the teacher/supervisor on duty.
- DO NOT kick balls at the end of recess, never kick a ball indiscriminately into a crowd.
- Use equipment the way it was designed: i.e., jump ropes for jumping only.
- When the bell or whistle is sounded, all play should stop immediately, and all equipment should immediately be returned to the teacher/supervisor on duty.
- Students should be dismissed on schedule and not arrive early or late to gym/lunch/recess. A Middle School teacher must accompany students and pick them up from the gym.
- When students enter the gymnasium, they must take seats in the bleachers. When all the students are seated and quiet, the teacher/supervisor will assign equipment and a specific area to play.
- All classes must be escorted into the gym/building by a classroom teacher or teacher on duty.
- ANY INFRACTION OF ANY OF THE RULES ABOVE WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF RECESS TIME.
- REFER TO THE ACTION PLAN.